This section will guide you through reviewing and managing existing payroll runs and generating payroll reports from those runs. For assistance on the initial running of payroll please see the run payroll help page.
Viewing Pay Stubs
- After creating a payroll run you will be taken to the “See Pay Runs” page with the filter dates set to the pay day of your payroll run
- You can also access the “See Pay Runs” screen from the main payroll page by clicking “See Payroll Runs” and choosing the dates and employees you wish to filter the pay runs by
- From this screen you can view pay stubs, email pay stubs, delete pay stubs, export a file to Telpay to pay your employees and remittances the amounts from this pay run, and create journal entries from the pay stubs
- Clicking Pay Remittances & Selected Pay Stubs will prompt you to confirm the information required by Telpay and then produce a file and provide instructions to import the file to the Telpay for Business software
- The create journal entries option will allow you to export journal entries to QuickBooks Desktop, QuickBooks Online, Xero, Sage Desktop, or an Excel file
- You will be given the option to choose the account for each journal entry for each employee, and these settings can optionally be saved for future journal entry exports
When viewing pay runs, each pay stub will print to a separate page
- Emailing pay stubs will present you with a screen to confirm the email for each employee, and optionally add a note to the email of each pay stub
- Deleting pay stubs will remove them from the system, allowing you to re-run a payroll that may contain some mistakes (note: to reset the dates for a payroll schedule go to Employees->Manage Payroll and edit the schedule)
The forms section can be accessed from the main payroll screen and allows you to produce T4s, ROEs, view PD7A information, and view WCB/WSIB information
- To create T4s, when you first select that option you will be prompted to choose which year and which employees you wish to prepare the T4 for.
- After confirming these choices, the next screen will allow you to verify each employee’s information and optionally add some other information which is not stored in PayTickr.
- You can then produce Employee/Employer T4 slips for each employee, create a T4 summary PDF, email the employee slips out to each employee, and create an XML file for e-filing your T4s with CRA/\.
- The XML option will take you through inputting your transmitter and employer information, and then give you instructions for uploading this file to the CRA.
The process for creating ROEs is similar to T4s.
- When you first choose this option you will be prompted to choose the employees, the date to start the ROE from (by default will be date the last ROE for this employee was produced or the hire date if none have been produced yet), and a default reason for issuing the ROE which will be set as a default to all employees chosen.
- On the next screen you will be prompted to confirm/update the information for the ROE.
- After confirming this information, you can then click “Verify Pay Periods”.
- After verifying pay periods for all employees, you will then be asked to add/verify your ROE contact info
- There are two options on the bottom of this screen, one to generate a PDF containing the ROE information and the other to generate an XML
Most fields for the ROE will be filled in using the information from PayTickr, but some values and pay periods may not be able to be filled in depending on which modules your company uses and when you started using the PayTickr system.
The PDF of the ROE information is not a formal document to be given to employees, but is instead intended to assist those filling out paper ROEs.
When choosing the XML file you will then be given instructions to upload the ROE to ROEWeb to file the ROEs and receive the requisite documents for your employee(s).
- The PD7A option on the forms screen will prompt you to enter a start and end date, and will then provide you with the information needed to perform government remittances through your online banking or other methods
“Total Owed” on this page is the total amount to be remitted to the CRA
WCB/WSIB Earnings Report
- WCB/WSIB Earnings Report will prompt you to choose a start and end date, as well as whether to include terminated employees in the report
- The earnings report will show each employee’s assessable and excess earnings for the date period you selected, as well as the totals for all the selected employees
- This report can also be exported out to an Excel or PDF file
- This option allows you to prepare a custom report with whichever payroll information you would like to see
- Again you will first choose the dates and employees to include in this report
- Next you will choose which pay stubs (from the filtered dates and employees) to include in this report
- Lastly, you will choose which payroll fields to include in the report and how to split the amounts (split by each payroll run or totalled for each employee)
- A timestamped report will then be generated with all of the selected information as well as totals at the bottom
Payroll reports can be exported to an Excel/CSV file for further refinement as needed